The Source du Pavillon is the main spring of Contrexéville. It is also the most abundant, and it is the one that is bottled and marketed. Formerly known as Fontaine Mala, the Source du Pavillon was so called when a first wooden building covered it to protect it.
Analyzed by Doctor Bagard for the first time in 1760, it was recognized as a public utility in 1860. But the Pavillon Spring did not wait to be recognized to be talked about: long before, people came to drink from this spring to relieve kidney ailments in particular.